Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wellness Wednesdays: 90-Day Challenge

I hope you had a wonderful holiday surrounded by family and friends.  With the holidays comes lots of temptation for all the bad things that are horrible for our diets.  I know I got a little off-track (I was also traveling for almost 3 weeks, so that didn't help at all) and am anxious to start off the year getting back into clean eating and an exercise routine again.  Here's my plan for the first part of the year:

STEP 1-
Take the 90-day challenge - Blogilates.com is a free fitness/health website. Cassie is an energetic and wonderful coach who creates fun and unique workouts.  I love it because of the variety of workouts (no getting bored!) and she has a monthly workout calendar to help you stay on track.  Last January she started a 90-day challenge that included a food plan and workout plan.  I'm normally skeptical of such "challenges", but I have already seen how Cassie has helped so many others and this plan is based on a clean eating diet and has a good amount of exercise - 1 hour 5-6 times a week.  


I will begin this challenge on Monday, 1/7.  I already know that I struggle doing these types of things on my own, I need the extra motivation from friends to keep me going, so I asked my Facebook friends to join me.  So far I have two friends that have come on board.  Accountability is SO IMPORTANT and I'm excited (and nervous) to get started!  I have already printed out the meal plans and put them on my fridge.  Nothing weird or gross in it, and there's a vegetarian and vegan option as well.  I put up a motivational wall in my craft room/office/workout room to also help keep me motivated.  90 days is a LONG TIME so I need all the help I can get.  :)  

Here's what my motivational wall looks like right now:
(ignore the ugly tape, my OCD tendencies will probably take over soon to hide it all)

STEP 2- 
Besides the 90-day challenge, I am also interested in starting my journey into the Paleo diet.  I have read SO many good things about other ladies with PCOS or other hormonal imbalances who switched to eating Paleo and no longer have many of their symptoms, or they have decreased.  Another perk to Paleo is that my meat-loving husband should still be happy.  I already eat pretty clean, which is a huge part of Paleo, so going the next step should be pretty easy.  I'm planning on starting this after my 90-day challenge which ends in April.  I will write more about Paleo in a future post as I learn more and continue on that journey.  

These two beginning steps should help to continue my PCOS-friendly eating habits, hopefully reduce my nasty PCOS symptoms, introduce a HABIT of exercising that will continue throughout the year and make my body feel good and more fertile. 

What are your health goals for this year and how will you achieve them?  Have you written down an action plan?


Written by: Crystal Warren, Representative for Power Up for PCOS which provides support to women with PCOS through educational Power Up Groups, building connections with other PCOS women, calendar of upcoming PCOS events, professional referrals and reviews, PCOS store, and other specialized events to raise money for PCOS research.  To find our more, visit http://www.powerupforpcos.com, email info@powerupforpcos.com or by calling 810-545-PCOS (7267)
Power Up for PCOS - emPowering Women to Manage PCOS

*Please note that I am not a medical professional. I am not qualified to give out any medical advice. I am a woman with PCOS who is sharing my personal experiences in this blog and I advise you to consult a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment